Wednesday 25 January 2012

Chinese New Year 2012

I recently entered a competition to do a nail art design for Chinese New Year. We were told that even though it is the year of the dragon it could be anything to do with Chinese New Year. I decided to do some cherry blossom and some Chinese symbols.
I used 'Miss Sporty 150' red for the red base coat, then the branches for the blossom was done in Nubar 'Noir'. I used a striper brush to draw the branches onto the nail.
The cherry blossom was done using Orly Instant Artist 'Pink Pastel' and a dotting tool to do the three dots of the blossom, then using Nubar nail art striper 'Basic White' I put a dot in the middle of each blossom.
I decide to put two Chinese symbols on the nails to help break up the red. I put a Dragon symbol on one to symbolise the year of the dragon. I then thought it might be nice to put the symbol for the Ox which is from the year I was born.
Altogether I think the design works well, and has the effect that I was looking for.

Simple but effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment