Saturday 8 October 2011

Purple Disco Gelicure

Whilst choosing yet another Gelicure colour at work I had an idea. After having a Gelicure demo day a few days earlier the trainer had done some nail art that she had left with us to display and inspire people. The idea was to use the A La Mode on the nail then to put Pink Alpha Jewels 060" on top. The effect was stunning and very eye catching.
I decided to try and create the same effect but using a different colour-I mean how hard can it be?
I chose the Aubergine with the Lavender Alpha Jewels 062". 
These jewels were the exact same size as the pink the trainer had used with the display. This way I knew it would have the same effect.

I put 3 coats of the Gelicure Aubergine onto the nails. The gel polish went on really well and after curing each coat for 2 minutes, I was ready to put the glitter on. I put another coat of the Aubergine on so the glitter had something to stick to. If I was going to be putting on just parts of the nail I would have put a top coat on first then cure it. Then I could put the top coat on just the part I wish to put the glitter. 
After putting the glitter on I cured the nails for about 3/4 minutes. The Gelicure only needs 2 minutes but because I had put glitter on I wanted to make sure that it was all stuck. Otherwise my top coat would be very glittery, and I dont think anybody wants that! 
Then after each top coat I filled the nail to smooth the glitter. Then applied another top coat. In total I think it took about 3 coats of top coat to get it smooth enough. 
I was really chuffed with the end product. The Gelicure is an up to 3 week polish and with the glitter on there aswell I think you will be really pleased. When I wore mine I got so many comments and people loved them when they catch the light. 
I have put a picture of the end product here so you can have a look and see them for yourself. 

This effect was very time consuming and very messy, but was WELL worth it!.     

No comments:

Post a Comment